Potato salads are very simple to make and would be a good accompaniment to any main course dishes. This salad can be kept in fridge for 3-4 days.
- 900g of Yukon Gold/russet potatoes cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons of mustard (your favorite, yellow, Dijon, stone ground)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 2 dill pickles, chopped into 1/4 in cubes (about 3/4 cup)
- 6 slices of beef bacon, cooked and finely chopped
- Coarse salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- In a large pot, cover potatoes with cold, salted water (about 1 tsp salt. Bring to boil, then reduce heat to simmer until potatoes are tender when pierced with fork (about 20 minutes)
- Drain and rinse with cold water to stop cooking.
- In a large bowl, whisk together sour cream, mayo and mustard. Add in potatoes and gently combine with rubber spatula
- Add the rest of the ingredient and gently toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
Note: For variation add 2-3 chopped hard boiled eggs.