- 200g pearl sago
- 5 cups water
- 3 tablespoon sugar (omit for less sweet option)
- A pinch of salt
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 4 pandan leaves, clean and knotted
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 100g palm sugar
- 2 tablespoon hot water
- Soak ago in water for 5 minutes
- Bring 5 cups of water to boil in a large pot. Add pearl sago and keep stirring until sago turns transparent.
- Pour into strainer and rinse under tap till cool and most of the goo gone.
- Drain excess water and pour sago into a bowl. Add 3 tablespoon of sugar and a pinch of salt. Mix well and scoop into individual mould to set. Chill in fridge.
- Mix 2 cups coconut milk with 1 cup water. Add pandan leaves and bring to boil. Remove pandan leaves, stirring in between to prevent curdling. Add 2 tablespoon of sugar, remove from heat, cool in fridge.
- Dissolve palm sugar with 2 tablespoon of hot water. Chill in fridge.
- To serve, spoon palm sugar syrup and coconut milk over sago.
NOTE: Soaking the sago will make it turn out better.